
As many of you know I am a proud native of Arizona, and I wish to highlight the state a little bit today in celebration of it's 96th Birthday. To start off I have a little bit of trivia for you:
8. What do the stripes on the Arizona flag represent (number and color)?

1. What is the state bird of Arizona?
2. What is the state flower of Arizona?
3. What are the 5 "C's" of Arizona?
4. What is the geographic center of Arizona?
5. What is the highest point in Arizona?
6. What is the state tree of Arizona?
7. What is the official state neckwear?
8. What do the stripes on the Arizona flag represent (number and color)?9. What does the star represent on the Arizona flag?
10. In square miles, what is the size of Arizona?
[I will post the answers to these questions in the next couple of days, but in the mean time you are welcome to leave your guesses as comments.]
I love living in Arizona! We have beautiful sunrises and sunsets (did you all catch the amazing one this morning?), and fantastic winter weather. The summers are a bit much, but I have survived everyone! Here in the Valley of the Sun we have a great view of the mountains, and the desert even has a certain kind of charm. I am truly grateful my great great grandparents followed the call to come to Arizona, this land that I love!



1 comment:
Now I miss home! Here's what I can remember from all those years ago in Arizona history in elementary school:
1. Cactus Wren
2. Saguaro Cactus Flower?
3. Cotton, Copper, Citrus, Climate and Cattle
4. Somewhere south of Flagg and north of Phoenix
5. Somewhere in the San Fransisco Peaks?
6. Palo Verde
7. Bolo tie
8. The great sunsets?
9. Copper industry?
10. Slightly smaller than Germany
Post a Comment