Thursday, February 7, 2008

More than I bargained for...


Have you ever wished for the ability to stop time, or at least slow it down a bit? I have recently been given new duties at work, and it seems like I have been running in reverse ever since! Suddenly I went from a nice, calm, tolerable pace to having what seems like a million extra things going on, and I never know what direction the next on slaught will come from (phone, fax, e-mail, or dare I say face to face). So this week I have been wishing I had that ability to stop time like Evie on "Out of this World" (a sitcom from my childhood) did. She could just touch her two index fingers together at the tip and freeze time for everyone but her and her father, and then unfreeze it by putting her palms together. What I wouldn't give for that ability. Then I would be able to accomplish everything that I need to, no one else would be able to pile more stuff on until I unfroze time. I could get a lot that way. So if any of you out there in cyber space know how do that just let me know!!! Until then I know it is bound to get better, maybe not all at once, but little by little, week by week I think I will resurface again!

1 comment:

Tara L. Stradling said...

Bless yer heart! I empathize with you my friend. My boss had a quote up last week that I loved and totally related to: "Look at a day when you are supremely satisfied at the end. It's not a day when you lounge around doing nothing; it's when you've had everything to do, and you've done it." (by Margaret Thatcher)

Keep your chin up - you'll catch up and then be behind then catch up then...