Does it seem like 2007 has just flown by in a manner of days to anyone else, or is it just me? Earlier this week I came back to work after having Christmas off and was fumbling in one of my desk drawers when I looked up at my calendar and thought to myself "Dang, I never got a new calendar and now it is 2008, and I need to throw away this one." It was then I realized that I must really group Christmas and New Years together, and some how managed to think that just because I had four days off for Christmas it must now be 2008. The really sad part was that I had to really think about whether or not I could remember trying to stay awake on New Years Eve this year or not. It must be my advancing age! Have no fear though, I eventually came to my senses and remembered that I had a whole week before it was 2008.
So, with New Years in mind, how many of you out there in cyber space make New Year's Resolutions? I have to be honest, I generally start thinking of all the things that I need to change or improve on in my life around this time of year, and even make some goals for the coming year, but I don't seem to have the stick-to-it-ivness (or however you would spell that) to accomplish a lot of them. Does anyone else have those problems? It always seems like I set 10 goals for the coming year that all seem very important, and worth while, and even doable, but my February they have all moved to the back burner of my mind, and I get distracted by other things. Well, as usual my thought have again been turned to those types of things, and I am trying to evaluate those thoughts and create a game plan for how to accomplish the worth while and necessary ones. I can remember from my mission a wise man Leland Anderson, who later became part of the mission presidency, reminding us that we need to "chunk down" our goals into smaller, more manageable and therefore achievable goals. For instance I can't say that I want to swim the English channel if I can't even swim 100 m in the pool, so I need to start small and work my way up until I can accomplish the bigger goals. So, with that advice in mind I think that is how I am going to mount my attack for 2008. I will determine the most important things on my list and make a plan of attack so that I can stay motivated and on track to accomplish my goals. After all, if I am being inspired or impressed to do something there must be a good reason for it. If I am really smart I will post something in the coming week with what some of goals for 2008 are so that I have help from all of you to keep me accountable for my progress! I hope you all have a safe and happy New Year's holiday this year!!!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


1 comment:
Yes it flew by, No I don't do resolutions. I'm so goal driven anyway that maybe my resolution should be to lighten up. Lovin' that your bloggin'.
Post a Comment