Monday, November 3, 2008

Are you serious?

So Friday night (Halloween night that is) I was making the drive across town to see my nieces all dressed up in their Halloween finest. They weren't playing anything good on my two favorite radio stations so I commenced to run through my list of programmed radio stations. I get to 94.5 FM, and what do I hear coming out of my car radio? Mannheim Steamroller's "Joy to the World"!!!! That's right, it is Halloween, October 31st, and they are already playing Christmas music on the radio. Now I like Christmas music as much as the next person, but I think that Halloween is a bit early to start playing it, don't you? I stayed on that channel long enough to see if it was some sort of joke and they were only playing that one song, but then kept on playing Christmas tunes. Does anyone else think this is a little cooky?

2 comments:

FreeFamWorld said...

YES!!! We were in Wal-Mart this morning where I asked an associate where the Halloween clearance was. She said it had already been put away, and the store was COMPLETELY decked out in Christmas!! Bring on the holiday stress! sheesh.

CowsIwin said...

I know! They have had both Halloween & Christmas decorations out together for a while now, but I was shocked by them playing Christmas music on the radio on Halloween night. What is the world coming to? Before long we really will be having Christmas in July!!!