Okay, so it seems as though it has been forever since I posted a entry on my humble little blog. I guess there is no time like the present to correct that little problem, right? Let's see, what have I been up to for the last 2 months that I haven't been blogging...
Let's see, work has been crazy, but getting a little better everyday. Man this promotion has taking some getting used to, but I think I am almost at cruising altitude finally! I love learning new things everyday, but I have my limits of how much my poor little brain can take in at once!
The Relay for Life out at Williams Gateway Airport Back in April was amazing! I haven't stayed up that late in years! I think I had two main shifts that I walked in and they were from midnight to 1 AM, and then again from 3 to 4 AM. By the time the second shift started I was so cold I was happy to be up and moving and not trying fruitlessly to get some shut eye in my very uncomfortable chair. I was so wiped out after all was said and done that I slept through several important events that Saturday. Just goes to show you that I am not as young and spry as I think I am! Oh, one moment of real excitement was when I realized a strange puff of smoke was coming from me, and not the fire pit we had set up. Unbeknownst to me a coal from the fire had popped out of the fire pit and landed on my just under my folded arms. By the time I noticed something was amiss, it had already burned through my favorite mission fleece jacket, brand new Relay shirt, and was still making it's way through my other layers of clothing! Boy was I glad I caught it when I did!
During my first shift of the Relay I can remember thinking that this walking was really just getting me prepared for the Pioneer Trek that I have been called to go on. [That is a whole other post in and of itself now that I am back from it (how time flies). I am still looking for just the right words to encapsulate those 4 blessed days of hard work and feeling the Spirit, but when they come to me I will post them for all to read!]
What else, my oldest niece graduated from my al ma mater about two weeks ago, and I am so proud of her! She is now a second generation Toro graduate! I would liked to have frozen to death though as it rained the entire time we were watching the graduation ceremony! She is totally worth it though! It was so much fun running into so many other people from my old neighborhood that had children or grandchildren graduating that night too.
Other than that I have just been busy studying to retake an exam at work (only 9 more days to cram), and preparing for the afore mentioned Pioneer Trek. Oh, did I did go on a fun "Girl's Night" with a bunch of wonderful ladies from my ward back when "Made of Honor" came out. That was a lot of fun, and I hope we do it again soon!
Stay tuned for my Trek post...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)


2 comments:
Oh dear - so sorry to hear about the burned clothing. Kinda funny, but still...
You're in my prayers for your test. Good luck my friend!
you have been busy and the whole coal burning you thing...yikes...oh and i can't wait to read your trek post.....
Post a Comment