Monday, October 20, 2008

Where did the time go?

Holy cow! It has been a really long time since I posted anything on here! It seems like I have had some sort of new adventure every week since I wrote last that has been keeping me busy. Here are some of the highlights…

Shortly after my last post I thought it would be a really good idea to severely sprain my right ankle playing volleyball at church. Here it is two months later and I am still not completely healed. I am doing much better, but it is still something I have to babysit up to a point. The best part is that I can say that I was just aggravating an old Trek injury (though what I did to my ankle on the Trek doesn’t even begin to compare to the volleyball injury). Needless to say I have officially announced my retirement from all church sanctioned volleyball activities since the last time I played volleyball at church (while I was on my mission) I severely sprained my left ankle! Now at least I have a matching set of slightly deformed ankles! My brother took this picture of my ankle after I took the splint off the first time. This was when the bruising was pretty mild. Both sides of my ankle was bruised, and I even had bruising down on my toes. It was really a sight to behold!

I also enrolled in a couple of classes at CGCC for this semester, and have been having fun adjusting to going to school four days a week after putting in a full day’s work. Thankfully they aren’t what I would call a real class, so it is pretty low stress.

September had to have been the craziest month for me this year. Not only was I recuperating from a sprained ankle, I was cramming for a test at work, and celebrating the birthdays of three nieces, a sister-in-law, and my Mom all while preparing to move! Talk about too much fun all at once!

The end of September/beginning of October I moved in with a girl in my ward, and things are off to a good start. Between work and school it doesn’t seem like I have had much time to unpack, but little by little I am getting a little more settled. I can’t wait until I feel like I have more free time again. I am studying for another test at work, and I am beginning to question if there is light at the end of the tunnel for the designation I am working towards, but I am sure it is still there somewhere!

Well, I am sure there are 400 other things I would have blogged about by now if I could only remember what they were. Hopefully things have calmed down enough though that I can stay on top of things now, a girl can hope, right?

1 comment:

FreeFamWorld said...

Nice to hear your update, Sorry about your ankle. Good luck with school and work!